Undergraduate Advising helps you:
- explore Spanish or Portuguese as a new major/minor/certificate
- plan your Spanish or Portuguese degree
- learn about Spanish or Portuguese courses and faculty
- answer questions about SPN/POR courses and sequencing
**Students please remember to include your UT EID in all email correspondence with any UT faculty/staff.**
Freddy Sanchez - Senior Academic Advisor
BEN 2.108 (In-Person Availability: Mon/Tues/Wed, 9am-3pm, closed 12-1pm for lunch)
SPN/POR General Advising Questions: SPN-POR-Advising@austin.utexas.edu
Spanish Certificates Questions: Spanish.email@example.com
Advising Appointments (available M-F, 9am-4pm) scheduled here:
- SPN/POR Major/Minor Advising
- SPN Certificates Advising
- We do not schedule appointments via email.
- Virtual Drop-In Advising available 1-2pm W/Th/F.
Fall 2022: https://registrar.utexas.edu/schedules/229
- NO LATE ADDS ALLOWED IN LOWER DIVISION COURSES PAST 5PM ON 4TH CLASS DAY (THURS, 8/25)
- LATE ADDS ALLOWED IN UPPER DIVISION COURSES, ONLY WITH EXPRESS WRITTEN/EMAILED INSTRUCTOR CONSENT UNTIL 4PM ON 6TH CLASS DAY (TUES, 8/30).
- NO LATE ADDS ALLOWED ON 7TH-12TH CLASS DAYS (WED, 8/31-WED, 9/7)
- Please check your Registration Information Sheet (RIS) for your specific window of access to the registration system to enroll yourself in classes.
- If a course shows "open; reserved" or "waitlisted," please add yourself to the waitlist, as any open seats will be filled from the waitlist. Should seats remain open near to the start of class, any open seats will be filled from the waitlist.
- If you are a triple major or a declared major/minor in a subject but do not yet have access to priority seating for the class please email the academic advisor(s) for that subject for further help accessing necessary coursework.
- If you are in need of a prerequisite waiver to register and meet the qualifications to request a waiver (ie-you've completed transfer coursework that does not yet show on your audit or you have the ability to claim CR for prerequisite coursework), please EMAIL your request and include any supporting documentation attached as PDF.
- Currently a student in another college? Declare your Spanish/Portuguese major using the Internal Transfer Portal.
- Currently a Liberal Arts student? Declare your Spanish/Portuguese major by emailing the Undergraduate Academic Advisor.
- Wish to declare your SPN/POR minor or your SPN certificate? You may do so HERE. (Once you have applied for the minor, you'll need to contact your major advisor to have them attach it to your major profile or the SPN Advisor to have a certificate made "standalone" so that you may have priority access to reserved seats in restricted courses.)
AP/IB/ACT/SAT Test Credit - (know what course credit your test scores will earn)
Automated Transfer Equivalency - (check how transfer coursework will show on your UT degree audit)
Interactive Degree Audit (IDA) - (check your degree progress)
Petition for Credit - (claiming course credit available to you)
Registration Information Sheet - (know your registration time and clear any bars prior to your registration access time)
Student Testing Services - (schedule placement exams and info about testing process at UT)
Texas OneStop - (questions about financial aid, billing, & requesting transcripts)
University and Liberal Arts Core Courses List - (current approved courses for core curriculum and general education requirements in your degree audit)
UT Admissions - (transfer coursework submission)
UT Planner - (visual planning app for course schedule registration)